Certified Supplier of LPCB Sprinkler Tanks
Dewey Waters is a certified supplier of LPCB sprinkler tanks which are trusted by businesses, municipalities and their insurers who rely on the availability of an emergency water supply to sprinkler systems in the event of a fire.
Due to the dangerous and destructive nature of fire, fire protection systems and their components must meet the stringent regulations outlined in LPS1276. Sprinkler systems are only effective if designed, installed and maintained correctly. The LPS 1048-1 scheme: Requirements for the approval of Sprinkler Contractors in the UK and Ireland, ensures that installers are capable of designing, installing and servicing sprinkler systems to acceptable installation standards. Dewey Waters are LPCB Certified in manufacturing and supplier of LPCB Sprinkler Tanks.
Sprinkler Water Tank capacities to suit all applications
Water capacity is dependent on a number of factors applicable to individual applications. Capacity levels are determined by the following:
- Hazard classifications – usually the larger the hazard, the greater volume of water is required
- Duration of water supply
- Mains refill capabilities – refill duration limits are outlined in BS EN12845, BS 9251
- Full holding or reduced capacity - reduced capacity may be acceptable where the main refill capabilities are sufficient to make up the water requirement balance within the “time” regulations for specific hazard classifications
- Wet or dry pipe system
- Range between the highest and lowest sprinkler. Sprinkler design standard
Sprinkler Systems were originally developed for the protection of property or equipment, however in recent years they have been used for the purpose of life safety as an aid to the means of escape of personnel. Sprinkler Tanks are mulitfunctional they are designed for fire detection, alarm and suppression of fire.
LPCB sprinkler tanks in a range of capacities
Dewey Waters LPCB tanks range in capacity from 5m3 to 1,300m3. Tanks are manufactured from GRP, as its robust properties are excellent for longevity and durability. They are also constructed to ensure minimal maintenance is required, limiting the necessity to drain down the tank during maintenance work. benefits to GRP water tanks also include: GRP Water tanks Corrosion resistant, GRP Tested High Strength Factor vs Alternatives, Maintenance of GRP, Lightweight Capabilities GRP vs Alternatives, GRP Lower Production, Installation, Maintenance and Transport Cost.
To ensure optimum performance and compliance with regulations, our LPCB fire protection tanks are usually fitted with the following ancillary items:
- Hydrostatic contents gauge to measure the level of water in the tank
- AB Air gap to prevent water siphoning back into the mains water supply
- Internal ladder for safe tank access
- External aluminium ladder complete with safety cage to safely gain access to the man-way cover for maintenance purposes
- Tank overflow and warning pipes
- Drainage facility to completely drain down the tank for maintenance work
- Access man-way to allow for testing and maintenance
- Side access hatch
- Vortex inhibitor eliminates air circulation through the water when large volumes of water are extracted from the tank
- Immersion heater to prevent water from freezing in the tank and pipes
Get a quote
Additional Extras Available:
- Tank Divider
- GRP internal ladder
- Safety hand-railing for around teh perimeter of the tank or manhole
- Internal / external flanged panels available