Title: GRP Operator
Location: Dewey Waters, Weston-Super-Mare
Reporting to: Assistant Production Manager
Dewey Waters is an established GRP Manufacturer and Supplier in the UK specialising in GRP water storage tanks, housings and biofilters.
Based in Weston-Super-Mare, North Somerset and established in 1956 we supply quality GRP products both domestically and internationally and are able to provide customers with one of the most comprehensive ranges of GRP products available on the market today.
An exciting opportunity to become part of our established and growing business.
Role and Responsibilities
- Preparing moulds for manufacture, including repairs and maintenance
- Applying release agents to the mould surface prior to manufacture
- Cutting and measuring foam insulation and steelwork.
- Using spray machines to apply gelcoat &fiberglass to moulds.
- Applying glass matting and resin to moulds, hand layup
- Consolidation of fiberglass & resin with rollers ensuring a quality finish.
- Setting up of wooden & GRP moulds to manufacture drawings.
- Releasing of moulded products from mould once cured.
- Working from manufacturing drawings to mark, cut, drill and fit ancillary items.
- Maintaining equipment and reporting any faults.
- Quality checks, measuring product thickness and undertaking water tests.
- Completing documentation for traceability and quality assurance.
- Locating and packaging goods for collection.
- Working within Health and Safety guidelines.
- Previous experience of GRP manufacture is preferred but not essential as full training will be given.
- Forklift Licence.
- Good timekeeping.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- ‘Can-do’ attitude.
40-hour contract with overtime opportunities at an enhanced rate
Monday – Friday 07:30 – 16:00
22 days holiday + bank holidays