Title: HSE Advisor
Location: Dewey Waters
Dewey Waters is one of the UK’s market leaders in the manufacture and supply of all cold-water storage tanks. We specialise in sectional tanks and one-piece tanks and we offer standard size tanks or custom-built tanks to suit individual project requirements. We also provide a range of other GRP manufactured products including housings and biofilters, as well as kiosks and cabinets. We provide full project management for jobs of all sizes and also offer our clients training on the installation of water tanks, this also includes providing installation services to the construction industry.
The role of the HSE Advisor is to act as the site contact for all matters HSE related. The role will report to, and work alongside the Group HSE Manager to establish best in class Health, Safety and Environmental Management system. The HSE Advisor will work closely with the operations team to find and implement solutions to Health, Safety and Environmental issues and implement robust processes towards continual improvement and overall company growth. They will act as a ‘HSE Ambassador’ and always challenge convention on what is currently acceptable and seek ways to optimise improvement.
- Conduct all forms of risk assessments to identify hazards, risks, current controls and further improvements to mitigate risk to the lowest levels.
- Assist in reporting, investigating, monitoring and acting upon site accidents/incidents, near misses and hazard observations across the group ensuring root cause analysis and action development is appropriate and proportional.
- Co-ordinate, input and maintain accident, incident, near miss and hazard observation data identifying areas of concern/trends.
- Follow up on risk improvement actions, producing statistical data, reports and KPI’s for the site and group management teams.
- Co-ordination of risk improvements actions through to completion to reduce and control risk.
- Delivery of new starter HSE inductions, internal training programmes, briefings and toolbox talks.
- Conduct safety tours, site audits and workplace inspections to evaluate compliance and effectiveness ensuring records are retained and action plans created to address findings.
- Development and implementation of safe systems of work and safe operating procedures.
- Lead/support monthly & quarterly HSE meetings on site and at times across the group.
- Co-ordinate HSE management practices and act as day-to-day site contact on matters of health, safety and environment.
- Working with Group HSE Manager to create site level activity plans aligned to and supporting the group HSE strategy, owning and implementing plans at a site level.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with health and safety training and maintaining records.
- Working with the installations team to ensure safety standards are maintained on installation sites.
- Assisting with the creation and implementation of standards to attain ISO 45001 and 14001 accreditations across the group.
- Making a proactive contribution to the Health and Safety cultural change program.
- Performing any other task that is of a reasonable request in line with a growing HSE Department
- Ensuring that the highest personal H&S standards are maintained and adhered to at all times.
- Ensuring the highest standards of quality are maintained including accurate documentation completion.
- Conduct on and off-site audits throughout the group’s portfolio.
- Supports, and at times may be required to deputise, for the Group HSE Manager.
- NEBOSH National Certificate in Occupational Safety & Health or equivalent.
- Graduate Member of IOSH (or working towards).
- Solid programme of continual personal development.
- Internal Auditor qualification (desirable, not essential).
- UK Drivers licence and the ability to travel.
- Ability to work under own initiative and at times unsupervised.
- Ability to challenge the status quo and the ability to influence and engage employees at all levels in the organisation.
- Organised, outgoing, caring, confident and resilient.
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus (subject to meeting KPIs)
- Company pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- On-site parking.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please submit an up-to-date curriculum vitae with an accompanying cover letter detailing your suitability for the position via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tricel is an equal opportunities employer.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.