Title: H&SE Manager – UK
Location: Weston-super-Mare, UK
Reporting to: Managing Director
The H&SE Manager will be responsible for driving the Health & Safety aspects of Tricel UK Manufacturing & Distribution Sites with responsibility for overall development, implementation, and maintenance of the organization’s Health and Safety Programme.
- Establish and maintain an effective Health and Safety Management System for the sites.
- Establish, monitor evaluate & maintain an effective documentation and recording system for all health and safety related needs for the sites.
- Ensure risk assessments, hot work permits, method statements etc are up to date and being adhered to by all site employees.
- Maintain focus on workplace safety, ensuring all activities are carried out in accordance with safe working procedures, ‘control measures’ identified via risk assessment and COSHH assessment.
- Review & Approval of chemical documentation to ensure that material supplied complies with legislation.
- Liaise with the Management Team to provide advice on health and safety practices that will encourage health promotion and reduce risk to employees’ health.
- Participate and where necessary lead on accident investigations, ensuring appropriate recording, corrective action and statutory reporting occurs in a timely and efficient manner via defined methods and that any supporting documentation is completed promptly.
- Benchmark H&S performance indicators against industry standards.
- Liaise and build effective working relationships with local Regulatory and Statutory Bodies
- Provide leadership on H&S matters and empower the workforce to ensure it is firmly embedded within the culture of the organisation and its employees
- Establish and produce monthly H&S KPIs, identifying trends and problem areas and possible solutions where necessary.
- In conjunction with the Site Management Teams ensure H&S training is proactively managed for both employees and contractors coming on sites.
- Participate in project planning and execution to ensure the health and safety dimension of site projects is fully considered at planning stage and changes are planned and implemented appropriately.
- Chair and take lead of the Site’s H&S Committee Meetings and direct and co-ordinate its members as necessary.
- Conduct occupational health and safety related surveys e.g. noise, lighting, exposure to chemical substances and makes associated commercial recommendations, that benefit the business now and in the future.
- Be a key member of the management team during regulatory inspections and internal/external quality audits.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience within a H&S managers role.
- Hands on experience in conducting Audits, investigations & root cause analysis, risk assessments & implementing SOPs
- Excellent knowledge of UK & EU H&S legislation
- Previous experience of ISO 45001 standard a strong advantage
- Experience of ATEX requirements a strong advantage
- Experience of working with Dangerous Goods Safety Advisor (desirable)
- Working knowledge of an ERP system
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent.
- First Aid Certificate or willing to complete this.
- Degree in engineering or quality (desirable).
- Commercially driven
- Teamwork oriented
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical, organisation and planning skills with ability to prioritise effectively
- Good leadership qualities
- Able to work on initiative
- All Company and site personnel, including; Management team, HR, Employees, Contractors & Group.
- Internal/external auditors
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please submit an up-to-date curriculum vitae with an accompanying cover letter detailing your suitability for the position via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 29th January 2021.
Tricel is an equal opportunities employer.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Dewey Waters Latest News
Dewey Waters is proud to announce the upcoming launch of a new and innovative range of GRP One-piece tanks. These updated storage solutions further enhance the company’s extensive product offerings and solve many of today’s common installation issues. Following the...
Dewey Waters Ltd Announce Rebrand and New Website Launch as Company Continues to Establish a Leading Position in the Water Storage Market Dewey Waters, a globally recognised market leader in the supply of national and international water storage...
Dewey Waters is pleased to announce that we have raised a total sum of £577.36 for the Children’s Hospice South West. This was achieved through staff fundraising events which ran throughout 2017, these fundraising events included a Halloween quiz night,...