Title: Installation Engineer
Location: Dewey Waters, Weston-super-Mare
Dewey Waters is one of the UK’s market leaders in the manufacture and supply of all cold-water storage tanks. We specialise in sectional tanks and one-piece tanks and we offer standard size tanks or custom-built tanks to suit individual project requirements. We also provide a range of other GRP manufactured products including housings and biofilters, as well as kiosks and cabinets. We provide full project management for jobs of all sizes and also offer our clients training on the installation of water tanks, this also includes providing installation services to the construction industry.
Permanent Full-Time Position
The role of the Installation Engineer is to complete the assembly and construction of modular GRP sectional water storage tanks and other GRP products on sites throughout the UK adhering to company policies and health and safety requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Taking direction from the supervisor on the tasks at hand.
- Co-ordination of water tank construction including marking out connection points and fittings as per works drawings.
- Ensure all component parts are fitted correctly as detailed in works drawings.
- Ensure all personnel adhere to Health & Safety procedures as outlined at a site induction.
- Ensure all PPE is worn while carrying out construction duties
- Liaise with customers on-site in a proactive manner.
- Setting out of tank position.
- Communicating any site issues back to the office.
- Arrange movement of parts to point of installation.
- Checking base levels with Theodolite and or laser.
- Carrying out pre-site visit survey checks to identify any foreseeable problems.
- Upkeep & maintenance of company vehicle.
- Interaction and participation with lean/continuous improvement teams.
- Any other duties as assigned, to support the Company.
- Experience of onsite works
- Background within plumbing / facilities maintenance
- Previous experience in a supervisory position.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- CSCS Card and Driving licence
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your up-to-date curriculum vitae with an accompanying cover letter detailing your suitability for the position via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. We are an equal opportunities employer.