Title: Manufacturing Manager
Location: Dewey Waters, Weston-Super-Mare
Dewey Waters is one of the UK’s market leaders in the manufacture and supply of all cold-water storage tanks. We specialise in sectional tanks and one-piece tanks, we offer standard sizes or custom-built tanks to suit individual project requirements
The Manufacturing Manager is responsible for ensuring all activities are conducted in a safe, efficient, and cost-effective manner and that customer requirements are met on time by providing strong leadership and delivering on key objectives. We are looking for a strong leader with a background in Manufacturing, who has experience of delivering cultural change within the workplace and who can champion continuous improvement and lean initiatives.
Planning of current activities whilst constantly seeking improvements throughout the supply process. Ensuring KPI’s are in place and that production targets are met for all activities of the business and that costs are managed in-line with budgets and current activity levels.
The Manufacturing Manager will pro-actively manage a core production team of around 70-80 people, including Supervisors and Team Leaders.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for all Health and Safety for employees on site;
- Responsible for providing strong and effective leadership.
- Implementing and supporting Group changes to drive the business forward
- Management of all areas of the factory & stores teams including; people management, performance, appraisals and all general staffing issues, working closely with HR as and when required.
- Labour requirements – review headcount and labour requirements for each section based on forecast and demand.
- Responsible for creating a weekly production plan and ensuring the production plan is achieved.
- Reporting on all production metrics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis & providing summary reports to the Head of Manufacturing (Group).
- Customer focused – Accountable for meeting customer expectations and driving initiatives for reducing lead times and ensuring quality standards are met.
- Identify improvement opportunities and promote a culture of continuous improvement through lean initiatives.
- Liaise with the Logistics, purchasing and dispatch team to ensure goods are dispatched on time & correctly;
- Control of all manufacturing costs within designated budget.
- Responsible for ensuring the factory and equipment are maintained to the highest level, placing emphasis on health & safety & quality;
- Identify skills gaps and training needs, ensuring that any gaps are managed appropriately with the Supervisors and Team Leaders;
- Responsible for ensuring quality standards are achieved at all stages throughout the process, including accurate documentation completion;
- Flexibility to travel to other Group sites, including Head office in Ireland.
- Any additional responsibilities and duties which may from time to time deemed suitable by your manager.
Key Skills Required:
- A proven record of managing people at a supervisory and/or management level
- Leadership & Change Management
- Problem Solving
- Lean champion
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
Working Hours and benefits
- Monday – Thursday 8:30am – 5pm, Friday 8:30am – 4pm
- Competitive Salary
- 24 days per annum plus bank holidays
- 5% Employer Contribution Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Dress-down Friday
- Free on-site parking
The Tricel Group are an equal opportunities employer.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your up-to-date curriculum vitae with an accompanying cover letter detailing your suitability for the position via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org