Permanent Full Time Position
Dewey Waters is one of the UK’s market leaders in the manufacture and supply of all cold-water storage tanks. We specialise in sectional tanks and one-piece tanks and we offer standard size tanks or custom-built tanks to suit individual project requirements.
We also provide a range of other GRP manufactured products including housings and biofilters, as well as kiosks and cabinets. We provide full project management for jobs of all sizes and also offer our clients training on the installation of water tanks, this also includes providing installation services to the construction industry.
Reporting to the Managing Director and working closely with the Senior Leadership Team, you will ensure the goals and objectives of the business are met, through the smooth and efficient running of the Operations function, this will include responsibility for contracts, purchasing, people, resources and transport.
You will ideally have experience working within a GRP company or have a manufacturing background and understand how a factory operates and the challenges involved. Additionally, experience within an organisation that is, or has experienced high growth would be desirable, particularly focussing on the challenges this presents.
You will be a proactive problem solver, with a sense of drive to achieve results and be independent and results oriented with your approach, whilst ensuring you bring your people with you.
Role and Responsibilities
The Operations Manager will be responsible for the following areas across Dewey Waters:
- People management – Management of the Factory, including; people management, performance, appraisals and all general staffing issues, working closely with HR when required.
- Customer focused – Accountable for meeting customer expectations and driving initiatives for reducing lead times.
- Technical Purchasing – review and acquisition of raw materials, working alongside our Group purchasing department.
- Material planning – dealing with wastage issues and ensuring efficiencies are maintained.
- Transport management – Managing costs, issues, contractors and suppliers, ensuring our transport /logistics is fit for business.
- Contractors/Suppliers – Oversee the negotiations with contractors and suppliers, to ensure a cost effective and responsive delivery for goods and services.
- Cost Management – Responsible for managing budgets and costs effectively, in order to achieve Company budget, overall efficiency improvement and savings on time and costs.
- Supporting the Company in planning and making sure the business is functioning against costs;
- Project management in line with business requirements;
- Any other duties, which assist the Operational function of the business.
- Previous experience of managing the full Operations function of the business.
- People Management, ideally within a manufacturing environment is essential.
- Commercial contracts experience.
- Reporting experience (e.g. time, cost, efficiency).
- Experience of implementing operational improvements across the business.
- Experience of Lean 6 sigma (or similar).
- Preferable experience of implementing IFS or similar ERP system
- Effective leader;
- Excellent communicator;
- Can do attitude;
- Attention to detail.
Working hours: Monday – Thursday 8:30am – 5pm and Friday 8:30am – 4pm
24 days annual leave plus bank holidays, pension
Please apply to: Hannahhamlin@tricel.co.uk
Dewey Waters Latest News
Dewey Waters is proud to announce the upcoming launch of a new and innovative range of GRP One-piece tanks. These updated storage solutions further enhance the company’s extensive product offerings and solve many of today’s common installation issues. Following the...
Dewey Waters Ltd Announce Rebrand and New Website Launch as Company Continues to Establish a Leading Position in the Water Storage Market Dewey Waters, a globally recognised market leader in the supply of national and international water storage...
Dewey Waters is pleased to announce that we have raised a total sum of £577.36 for the Children’s Hospice South West. This was achieved through staff fundraising events which ran throughout 2017, these fundraising events included a Halloween quiz night,...