Title: Quality Technician
Location: Dewey Waters, Weston-super-Mare
Reporting to: Group Quality Manager – UK
As part of ongoing expansion and development, Dewey Waters has a vacancy for a Quality Technician to join the quality team and take responsibility for the day-to-day running of the Quality Management System within Dewey Waters.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the day to day running of the Quality Management System
- Provide front line quality support to ensure all manufacturing processes, materials, and products are supported from a quality and compliance perspective.
- Manage the NC/CAPA system, Disposition NC’s, provide quality support to production & maintenance functions on issue resolution, root cause analysis, corrective actions, and preventive measures
- Involved with identifying any potential trends during failure analysis and initiating related improvement initiatives
- Responsible for reporting on Key Quality Metrics & Preparing quality reports for management meetings
- Responsible for leading the site compliance audit programme and follow up on findings to ensure satisfactory closure.
- Conduct process audits against Quality System requirements.
- Support all QA related documentation activities (i.e. write quality procedures, maintain quality manual, Certificate of Analysis, Raw material specifications, etc)
- Support external audits, internal audits, and any relevant Quality/Regulatory compliance related activities as deemed necessary.
- Responsible for external sample preparation & sample submission & maintaining records of tests undertaken for report and auditing purposes.
- Participate & Lean 6s / lean improvements projects as required
- Participate in company training programmes as required – Train other personnel in quality related issues or equipment.
- Part of the H&S team, responsible for conducting H&S audits and issue resolution with functional supports
- Any additional responsibilities and duties which may from time to time deemed suitable by your manager.
Key Skills Required:
- Technical Qualification (Quality/Engineering) with work experience in a similar role.
- 2+ years practical and relevant experience working in a Quality role or similar
- A “self-starter” in terms of time and task management and operate with minimal supervision.
- A high level of accuracy/attention to detail along with good organisational skills are key attributes for the position.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to work cross functionally with all departments to drive continuous improvement across the plant is essential.
- Experience with ERP systems is an advantage.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your up-to-date curriculum vitae with an accompanying cover letter detailing your suitability for the position via e-mail to email@example.com before the closing date.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Dewey Waters is an equal opportunities employer.