Title: Technical Sales
Location: Dewey Waters, Weston-super-Mare
Reporting to: Sales and Customer Services Manager
This is a B2B sales role, interpreting tender information to provide project quotations. This is a challenging role for an organised and personable individual and will include Account Management and Product Campaign Work.
Role and Responsibilities
- Searching tender information and extracting data.
- Handling sales calls and enquires, extracting the true brief from the information given by the potential customer, offering technical and commercial advice.
- Cost out projects and provide quotations to customers using in-house software or expert advice.
- Growth and retention of Managed accounts
- Recording and maintaining customer information in an orderly and efficient system.
- Keep up to date with changes to database and company products
- Follow up on customer enquires / quotations via telephone and email diarising further action ensuring the sales operating system is followed.
- Technically and commercially evaluate then negotiate best price when contractor has secured the project to close the order whilst retaining a good margin.
- Make lapsed & prospect calls proactively based on the sales operating system
- Receive order and coordinate between accounts and technical departments before handing over to manufacturing.
- Record sales order information.
- Site Surveys as and when required ensuring the visit is documented in accordance with departments SLA’S.
- Customer meetings as and when required ensuring the meeting is documented in accordance with the departments SLA’S.
- Customer complaints in accordance with the company’s procedure and Department SLA’S.
- Other general duties will include answering inbound phone calls, provide cover for other estimators and carry out any other duties reasonably requested by any members of the Management team.
- Liaising with internal and external customers to find solutions
- Must have a relevant technical background (ideally water storage, pump, or tank filtration experience, but will consider other backgrounds – pipework, contracting, treatment or other related products).
- Ability to assess size / space / function and make relevant product recommendations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with clients at all levels of their operation.
- It is essential that you have a full UK Driving License.
- Strong engineering / technical sales background,
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with clients at all levels.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Fully IT proficient and working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- B2B Sales experience.
- Sound and commercial approach to problem solving.
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- ‘Can-do’ attitude that contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Reacts well under pressure
- Organised and efficient.
- Excellent attention to detail.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your up-to-date curriculum vitae with an accompanying cover letter detailing your suitability for the position via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Dewey Waters are an equal opportunities employer.
Dewey Waters Latest News
Dewey Waters is proud to announce the upcoming launch of a new and innovative range of GRP One-piece tanks. These updated storage solutions further enhance the company’s extensive product offerings and solve many of today’s common installation issues. Following the...
Dewey Waters Ltd Announce Rebrand and New Website Launch as Company Continues to Establish a Leading Position in the Water Storage Market Dewey Waters, a globally recognised market leader in the supply of national and international water storage...
Dewey Waters is pleased to announce that we have raised a total sum of £577.36 for the Children’s Hospice South West. This was achieved through staff fundraising events which ran throughout 2017, these fundraising events included a Halloween quiz night,...