Yard & Forklift Operative /Stores Person
Title: Yard & Forklift Operative /Stores person
Location: Dewey Waters, Weston-Super-Mare
Reporting to: Assistant Production Manager
Closing Date: Friday 31st January 2020
The Yard and Forklift Operative /Stores person is responsible for the organisation and cleanliness of the yard and all areas of both factories, including the removal of waste and finished goods. As required, the Yard and Forklift Operative /Stores person will also be responsible for the final quality inspection of manufactured products prior to packaging and the loading and unloading of vehicles.
Role and Responsibilities
- Removal of internal waste skips, recording waste weight, emptying into the compactor.
- Loading of the compactor.
- Loading and unloading vehicles (goods in and out).
- Decanting acetone and catalyst.
- Delivering resin and gelcoats to areas around the factory.
- Acetone recycling.
- Taking direction from Supervisors of Stores, HLU and SLU for the location of Goods In.
- Prompt removal of completed goods from the factory to the yard area.
- Quality control checks for Goods Out & movement of goods via IFS.
- Packaging, weighing, wrapping and labelling of finished goods.
- Paperwork – dispatch and control.
- Liaising with Stores for returned goods.
- Assisting with Stock rotation.
- Assisting with Stock takes.
- Locating and packaging goods for collection.
- Working within Health and Safety guidelines.
- Completing documentation for traceability and quality assurance.
- Receiving, checking and booking in deliveries.
- Assisting with forklift yard movement as required.
- General stores duties as required.
- Any other duties, as assigned, to support the company.
- Forklift License.
- Good timekeeping.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- ‘Can-do’ attitude.
- Stores experience.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your up-to-date curriculum vitae with an accompanying cover letter detailing your suitability for the position via e-mail to email@example.com before the closing date.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Dewey Waters Latest News
Dewey Waters is proud to announce the upcoming launch of a new and innovative range of GRP One-piece tanks. These updated storage solutions further enhance the company’s extensive product offerings and solve many of today’s common installation issues. Following the...
Dewey Waters Ltd Announce Rebrand and New Website Launch as Company Continues to Establish a Leading Position in the Water Storage Market Dewey Waters, a globally recognised market leader in the supply of national and international water storage...
Dewey Waters is pleased to announce that we have raised a total sum of £577.36 for the Children’s Hospice South West. This was achieved through staff fundraising events which ran throughout 2017, these fundraising events included a Halloween quiz night,...