Sectional Water Tanks for large volume water storageA sectional storage tank can be used for storing large volumes of cold water for potable or non-potable use. Sectional water tank panels are moulded from the composite material Glass Reinforced Plastic (GRP), which provides a strong, solid and reliable structure. Suited for both internal and external applications, they are capable of withstanding harsh climatic conditions. Our tanks are delivered to site palletised and are assembled by our site crews. Whether it’s a water tank replacement or a new build, we have the experience, flexibility and knowledge to meet your requirements.
Insulation Thickness - Hot Press Sectional Tank
38mm as standard (0.57w/m2/⁰C) & 50mm (0.40w/m2/⁰C) is also available
Insulation Thickness - Totally Internally Flanged Sectional Tank
25mm as standard (0.85w/m2/⁰C), 50mm (0.40w/m2/⁰C) is also available
Nominal Capacity is the volume of the tank when it is filled to the brim.
Actual Capacity is the folvume contained within the tank up to the maximum working level. This is dependent on the inlet size and air gap selection.
Get a quote
Sectional water tank ranges
- Externally Flanged Base, Externally Flanged Sides (EFB) – a fully self-draining configuration installed on raised piers or steelwork (min 600mm high) *
- Internally Flanged Base, Externally Flanged Sides (IFB) - where headroom is restricted this tank is suitable for installation on a flat and level plinth*
- Totally Internally Flanged (TIF) – available in lateral increments of 250mm and vertical increments of 50mm up to 3m high. This tank system is ideal when tank room space is restricted.
Get a quote
Options and ancillary items
- Insulated, suitable for storage of wholesome water (potable water)
- Un-insulated for storing of water for non-wholesome applications
- Tanks are assembled using 316 grade S/S bolts internally and galvanised bolts externally, complying with current British Standards
- An access hatch is supplied as standard for tank maintenance and access
- We provide a screened vent with all tanks for ventilation
- Raised Float Valve Housing to increase the usable volume of water
- Tank division for buildings requiring un-interrupted water supply. The divider allows one side of the tank to be drained down for maintenance, whilst water supply is maintained from the second segment of the tank
- Where the tank height is greater than 1.5m, an internal and external ladder is recommended
- Connections and float valves: Our sales team will discuss various options available
- A side access hatch can be beneficial where height restrictions apply. It also permits access in the event of personnel getting into difficulties inside the tank, while carrying out maintenance work.
Get a quote